Every few months, I have a Society of Cosmetic Chemists meeting after work. I am on the board, so I have to arrive at the meetings early for the board meeting. And, since Mikie is in daycare near work, we go to the meeting together, until Mike gets out of work to come pick him up.
Armed with Transformers, crackers, and milk, Mikie and I arrived at this months meeting at the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. I was hoping that Mikie would play by himself in a corner while we conducted the board meeting, but he had other plans. He pulled up a chair at the table, and sat next to me hanging on every word that was said. At one point, he turned to me and said "Mom, I want to talk". To which I responded "It's not time for talking, it's time for listening."
Not being allowed to contribute, Mikie got up to explore the conference room. By this time, the caterer had arrived to set up food for the chapter meeting. Mikie sidled on over to where the caterer was working, to supervise. When I went to check on him, he was banging on the radiator, and explaining to the caterer that if you hit it, it "made music". Thankfully, Mike arrived minutes later, and Mikie went home.
When I got home, Mike informed me that after loading Mikie into the car, Mikie announced that he wanted to "stay with Lauren". Evidently, he finds my meetings extremely entertaining. Between this and coming to Crabtree on second shift to check on pilot batches with me, we may make a chemist out of him after all.
Love, The Trahans
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment