Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update

It's been two weeks since I last posted to the blog. During that time, the baby and I have had trouble sharing a body. Shortly after my last post, I became violently ill. Well, ill might not be the right word choice, since my "illness" is not viral or bacterial, but hormonal. By 4 in the morning, I decided I should go to the ER. Turns out, I have "Severe Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy". Yes, that is the medical term (I know, the guy who thought it up should get some award for creativity). After 48 hours of not being able to keep any food in my stomach, we earned a prescription for a really nice anti-nausea drug that makes life a little more palatable.

So, for the last two weeks, we have been trying to put on weight (since, after 17 weeks, we have netted 1 whole pound of weight gain). Not that you would realize that was all I had gained to look at the size of my stomach. I am somewhat convinced that one of us is losing weight while the other is gaining weight just fine. I also think one of us is stealing energy from the other, since I can barely stay awake all day, while someone likes to use my abdominal wall as a trampoline when I am trying to sleep.

Here are our most recent pictures: Baby Trahan at 15 weeks:Mom at 17 weeks:In another two and a half weeks, we will hopefully find out if baby Trahan is a brother or a sister. The general consensus is that it is a girl. Although, part of me wants another boy. Not just because we can't agree on girl names (although that is a factor), but also because I think Mikie would enjoy a brother more than a sister. In the interim, Mikie has come up with some other suggestions for names. If it's a brother, he now likes "Alex the Lion". And, if it's a sister, he likes "Tom Brady". He is very serious about this last one. He keeps asking us, "Don't you think Tom Brady is a good name?" I guess it's a lot better than "Matt Cassel", but probably not appropriate for a girl.

Love, The Trahans

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Just read your post Lauren, we hope you're feeling better these days. You look great!