I owe this next humiliating daycare experience to Disney, or more specifically, the makers of Ratatouille. . .
For two consecutive days, Mike and I sent Mikie to school with one of his favorite lunches: meatloaf, ketchup, and macaroni and cheese. Both days, Mikie came home with the entire contents of his lunch untouched. Not sure if they forgot to give him ketchup, or if he simply wasn't feeling well, I decided to talk to the teacher.
Mom: "Do you know why Mikie hasn't been eating his lunch?"
Ms. Kelly: "He says you told him there was rat poison in it."
Now, obviously I didn't tell him there was rat poison in his lunch. And, neither of us put rat poison in his lunch (two facts I'm pretty sure Ms. Kelly recognized without me telling her). Heck, we don't even OWN rat poison (since, thankfully, we don't appear to have any rats residing in our house). So, where did Mikie get this idea?
Yes, it can only come from the movie Ratatouille. Mikie had watched it earlier in the week, and before his career as a chef, Remy was the official "sniffer" of all the colony's food for rat poison. Add in Mikie's vivid imagination, and Mom has suddenly poisoned his lunch with rat poison.
Thankfully, the daycare knew me well enough NOT to call child services. In the interim, I have been trying to explain to Mikie that I didn't poison his food and that he shouldn't tell people I have.
I don't know what I am going to do with this child. . .
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment