Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mother of the Year

A few nights ago, Mike and I were planning on going out to dinner with a vendor of mine. Unfortunately, our babysitter called to tell me she was sick. Faced with the prospect of cancelling or missing my adult evening out, I frantically started calling other sitters. Everyone seemed to have previous engagements (not surprising, since I was calling an hour before we were leaving). However, one girl in our neighborhood was kind enough to recommend another, until I found a sitter.

When we arrived at dinner, we were joking about our sitter situation. When I called him, Steve (the vendor) had been joking, "who cares that she's a pyromaniac, at least we can still go out". To which I responded "Who cares if the house burns down, I have insurance". As I was relaying this story to Mike, I realized that the house could burn down, since in my haste to cook dinner for Mikie and get out the door, I had absent mindedly left the oven on. Thankfully, I called the babysitter, who turned the oven off. But, I don't think they are going to give me that "Mother of the Year" award anytime soon.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: