Mikie has become quite the connoisseur of toys. He is quick to tells us which ones he wants, and for what occasion (Christmas, his birthday, his NEXT birthday, etc.) I think he has us covered for gift ideas through age 6. . .
He also points out what toys are "boy toys" and what toys are "girl toys". The girl toys usually stand out because they are pink or have a picture of a girl playing with them. He has already started grading these toys on whether Nibbles will like them or not.
The one toy that she definitely won't want: the baby doll that goes to the bathroom. Why, "Because it may poop on her arm." Mikie is both fascinated and disgusted by the doll he sees advertised everywhere that really goes to the bathroom. I'm sure it is like Betsy Wetsy, updated for today's tech savvy youngsters. Man, I remember Katie and I wanting a Betsy Wetsy that really wet her diapers. We never got one. Cabbage Patch Kids took over as the new rage, and Betsy Wetsy became a distant memory. Like the Easy Bake Oven we never got (man how I wanted to bake cupcakes in my own oven. . .)
But I digress. According to our resident toy expert, the baby dolls that really use the bathroom are "gross" and Nibbles will most definitely NOT want one. Although, he does seem to think that a toy toilet that really flushes is a fun idea. . .
Somehow, I doubt this was the response the marketing group anticipated when they decided to launch this toy. Then again, Mikie obviously isn't the target demographic. . .
Love, The Trahans
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment