We had a 28 week doctor's appointment today, complete with ultrasound and glucose screen for gestational diabetes. The glucose screen went well, considering I had to fast for four hours and drink a sugary substance that LOOKED like orange soda but tasted horrible. Not as bad as barium, but bad. I don't know what the results are (and, if I failed, I hope they don't tell me until AFTER Christmas, so I can eat freely until then). But, I consider the test a success since I didn't vomit or pass-out. Although, I was a bit woozy when I got back to work. . .
The ultrasound was fun. Based on the many looks and comments about my size, I have been fearful that I am carrying around a 13 pound baby. The doctor wanted another ultrasound (and it isn't our last, we have two more to go) to verify that she is still growing. No, this isn't common. We're lucky recipients of many ultrasounds due to all the issues with bleeding I had early on. Anyway, there appears to be no need to worry, since she weighed in at 2-lbs, 9-ozs today. Which, according to the doctor (and all the books we have) is the perfect weight for her age. And (for everyone who thinks I look like I am having twins) having gained 19-lbs, I am too.
We also discovered that she is super flexible, since she was sleeping head up on the left, feet up on the right, butt down in my pelvis, making a very nice "V". So, we don't know how long she is. But, gymnast may rank in her future.
Why the "introducing" title? Since we were stuck in the hospital for 2 hours, the ultrasound tech decided to do a 3D ultrasound. So, we have a very nice picture of Nibbles napping:
For the benefit of my dad (who thought Mikie's first ultrasound was a picture from the Mars Rover), the gray matter that is exploding from the back of her head is not her brain, it's my placenta. . . she was using it as a pillow. And, if you look above her forehead, you can make out a little hand (evidently, she takes after Mike and Mikie and likes to sleep with her arm above her head).Long story short, we're all healthy. Now, all we need is for Santa to bring us a name (although, I still think she looks like an Emma. . . )
Love, The Trahans
4 comments:
Marta says that Nibbles is a cutie and Bud, Henri and I agree that she is very cute the way she is sleeping.
she is definately a cutie...but really would we expect anything less than beautiful????
Love, Auntie Di
Dude. Technology is freaky. She is so cute! I can't believe you can actually see her face so clearly. It also looks like she has a birthmark on her hand. It looks like it says "EMMA." How convenient... ;-) I'm gonna snuggle the crap out of her.
*Clarification* When I said I was going to snuggle the crap out of her, I meant Emma, NOT your placenta, which I'm going to have to presume is also a "her" and with which I want nothing to do.
Post a Comment