Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow

When I was a kid, every Christmas my Granny would call and ask if we were having a white Christmas. And, every year, I had to answer "No!" Because, in southeastern Pennsylvania, Christmas was typically green and rainy. Maryland was even worse. So, we were all very excited to move back north where Christmas is white.

For the last two years, we have had snow piled outside on Christmas morning. Which, is really all I care about. For the last two weeks, it has been torture to hear about snow in Houston, Texas, California, and Las Vegas. And we have had NONE. (Ice storm excluded).

Needless to say, we were all very excited to FINALLY get some snow. And, boy, did we get snow. It is still snowing right now (8:30am Saturday morning), and we have almost a foot. Plus, we are supposed to get another storm tomorrow, although it may deposit ice instead. . .

No one is more excited about the snow than Mikie. This morning, Mike woke up to clear the driveway (since we are going to the Bruins game this afternoon). And, I jumped in the shower for exactly 10 minutes. During that time, Mikie decided that he wanted to go outside too.

By the time I got out of the shower and yelled downstairs to check on Mikie, I realized it was awfully quite. Too quiet. I looked downstairs and found the closet door ajar, and gloves and scarves scattered all over the floor. My HOPE was that Mikie was attempting to get dressed. Or, worst case, he was standing in the garage trying to get Mike's attention to bring him outside.

Nope, dressed only in his fleece PJs, snow boots, hat and mittens, Mikie had unlocked the back door and was making his way to the swing set. When I found him, he was actually on his way back inside because he realized he "forgot his coat".After showering to warm up his frozen self, we put on weather appropriate clothes and ventured outside to play. Unfortunately, the snow isn't very wet, so sledding was slower than last year. And, we couldn't build a snowman. But, Mikie had fun none the less. Here are some pictures and video:Love, The Trahans

No comments: