On the drive back from visiting family in Rhode Island, Mikie informed us that he was hungry. When I asked him what he wanted to eat, he said "name some stores we eat at." Instead of naming stores, I suggested we go home and have a peanut butter/bread/goldfish sandwich (one of his favorites), followed by ice cream. My rationale was that by suggesting we make ice cream, he wouldn't suggest going to Friendly's.
Of course, my idea backfired, because the next thing out of his mouth was "I have a good idea. . . let's go to Friendly's." To which I responded "That is a good idea. We should go on Thursday" (since Thursday is his favorite day, I thought he would go for it). Again, I was completely wrong. The conversation continued like this:
Mikie: whining "Noooo! We should go today!"
Mom: "But I don't want to go today because I don't feel good. Let's just go home and Daddy can make you a Chocolate Monster ice cream with ears after dinner."
Mikie: "Noooo! That would be a BAD idea."
Mikie: after a pause "Guys, I have a good idea. We can drop Mom at home and Dad and I could go to Friendly's."
Mike: "Well, that is a well thought out plan."
In my head, I'm thinking, "Sure, throw the old broad out of the car now. She can walk home from here. . . it's only a few miles."
It's nice to be loved.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
1 comment:
Don't you love how quickly the love turns.
Post a Comment