I don't remember what old movie it was, with the famous line about whistling: "you just put your lips together and blow." I remember thinking this was an oversimplified representation of a very difficult task. I mean, put your lips together too tightly, and you just end up looking like a chipmunk. Blow too hard, and you don't get anything. Then there were those people who could make blades of grass whistle. Or my friend's dad who could put his fingers in the corners of his mouth and whistle so loud, you could hear him down the street. . .
I personally, only whistle as an alternative to singing or humming when happy (singing at work being one of those things I try to avoid). I find it offensive when people whistle to get your attention. So, you rarely hear whistling in our house.
In spite of this, Mikie learned a new trick. . . how to whistle. Kind of. To see what I mean, click on the video below:
The first time he did it, it was incredibly amusing. The second time, it was still funny, because Mike was experiencing it for the first time.
However, when you're driving on a dark road at night and your child "whistles" because he doesn't think you heard him when he yelled "Press Play" on three separate occasions, the cuteness wears off.
And, when you're at Target, reading ingredient labels on medicine or searching for the perfect card, and your child "whistles" at you to get your attention, it becomes downright obnoxious. REALLY fast. Not to mention, people turn to look at what on earth is prompting your child to make weird yodeling type noises. And, because he is now getting A LOT of attention, he sees no reason to STOP, only making the people around you more annoyed (or amused if they have young kids too).
I can't WAIT to see what cute habit he picks up next. . .
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
2 comments:
Great whistling! It'll be way more annoying when he figures out how to really do it. Good luck! :)
I am going to start "whistling" to get your attention next time I am on the phone with you in the Glen Court area of Central Turnpike. I figure that will be a good test to see if you've lost reception. :-) hehehe
Post a Comment