While I know I should be proud that Mikie understands sequential events enough to tell a story, his newest catch phrase is driving me CRAZY. Every phrase is strung together with the words "and then" to form one huge run-on sentence. He can go on like this for a good 20 minutes. And, if you attempt to interrupt him, the "Mom, mom, mom"s start, making me regret I ever taught him my name. And then I agree to listen to "just one more thing" at which point the cycle of "and then"s repeats.
Before locking myself in the bathroom after a recent "story", Mike attempted to show me that I am not alone in the world with an obscure movie reference. For the record, I never liked the movie "Dude, Where's My Car?". In fact, I hated it to the point that I have tried to block out all memories of it from my brain (before they killed the healthy brain cells). But, this scene with Ashton Kutcher PERFECTLY illustrates how I feel by the 5 minute mark in a long string of "and then"s.
Rather than punch something, I once again resorted to "incentives" by informing Mikie that his Valentine (me) might actually buy the toy he was talking about as a gift if he would be nice to me and PLEASE STOP TELLING THE STORY.
As of right now, bribery has bought me 30 minutes of unadulterated silence. Only 40 more minutes until bedtime. . .
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment