With Nibbles, I wanted her to have her own nursery. Different bedding, different artwork. Of course, anyone who knows Mike knows that he would hate this idea because it meant spending even more money. But, he went along with it, because it was important to me for her to have her own experience.
And so began our nursery design. What would the theme be? Nothing too girly, flowery or pink. We somehow came up with a circus theme. Mike found cute, not overly girly bedding at Target with fun circus animals. We picked yellow and purple paint. And, when I insisted on stripes on the wall, he agreed (even though he would be stuck painting by himself).
For the last three months, he has been painting and decorating while I laid back, critiqued, and shopped online. He bought and stained bookshelves, hung chair railing, assembled and arranged furniture. All while working full time and taking care of me and Trouble. After all his hard work, I thought it only fair that I showcase the fruits of his labor. . .
All in all, I think it's safe to say that all the hard work the two Mike's put into this nursery definitely shows how much she is loved already.
Now, we're just stuck waiting for her to show up. . .
Love, The Trahans
No comments:
Post a Comment