Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Mikie-isms

Spending six weeks at home with Trouble means I have a lot more exposure to his witty remarks. Here are just a few of the more recent examples:

1. My mom is spending the week with us, helping me acclimate to life as a mother of two (and allowing me the opportunity to nap). At one point this week, Mikie decided he wanted a snack. But rather than say, "Can someone please get me a snack" like the polite child I am TRYING to raise him to be, my child says, "Earth to Pookie. . . I want a Scooby Snack!" As with most of his comments, I am again dumbfounded as to where he learned the expression "Earth to" anyone. Although, if he were to sarcastically say, "Hello! Am I talking here?", I would accept full responsibility for being a bad influence.

2. This morning, while Nibbles was napping, I volunteered to play Yahtzee with Mikie. It's somewhat complicated for a 4 year old; we basically just take turns trying to roll Yahtzee, and don't waste our time keeping score of the other types of rolls. Whoever rolls the most Yahtzee's is the winner. After winning the first game, Mikie informed me that he would always be the winner because he is a "genius". When I sarcastically commented "and modest too", he responded, "No I'm not." At least he's honest. . .

3. This afternoon, I offered Mikie a snack (knowing it was still a while until dinner). Once again, Mikie wanted Scooby Snacks. Although this time, he wanted the cookie snacks, not the gummy snacks (yes, there are multiple types for you non-Scooby Snack connoisseurs). My mom was amused to see that the cookies are shaped like dog biscuits. And, seeing that they were graham cracker flavored, asked Mikie if she could try one. His response, "Sure, Pooks. But you can only have ONE!"

As much a help as he has been, he is definitely testing my patience with his new attitude. Let's hope we all survive the remaining weeks together.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: