Try as we might, we cannot get Mikie to refer to Hannah as "Hannah". He continues to call her "Nibbles" or "Nibbles Hannah". What's worse, is I find myself referring to her as Nibbles when I talk to him. While I call her Hannah when I'm talking to her (or anyone else), I'll ask Mikie to "give Nibble's her pacifier" or "get Nibble's her blanket".
Last week, we went to the pediatrician's office for Hannah's two week check up. It was a family affair: Mom, Dad, Mikie and Hannah. Mikie had zero desire to sit in the room waiting for the doctor to check Hannah. As he whined about wanting to leave, I told him "We can go home when the doctor is done checking Nibbles." The doctor laughingly warned "You better watch out. Those are the type of names that stick. One day his kids are going to call her 'Auntie Nibbles'."
Let's hope Hannah really likes her nickname. Because I think "Auntie Nibbles" is hear to stay.
Love, The Trahans
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment