Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brotherly Love

On Monday, Mikie went back to preschool for the first time since Hannah was born. Ever the proud big brother, he insisted on showing off his baby sister to his friends. As Hannah and I signed him in and hung up his lunch box, I could hear him yelling to his friends, "Everybody, come see my baby sister, Nibbles Hannah." Yes, we can't get him to call her "Hannah", he continues to call her "Nibbles" or "Nibbles Hannah". But, I digress. . .

I brought Hannah (who was sleeping soundly in her infant carrier) back into the big room for everyone to see. All the kids huddled around, while Mikie put his face into the carrier to show everyone "her little hands". Then, he turned to the other kids and announced (or rather, yelled, since that is the only volume Mikie has) "BUT YOU HAVE TO BE QUIET BECAUSE SHE'S SLEEPING!"

Thankfully, Nibbles doesn't seem bothered by the whirlwind of noise and energy that is Mikie. Either that, or she inherited Mikie's ability to sleep through anything. Hopefully, a little of both.

Love, The Trahans

No comments: