The power of suggestion. . . it's a dangerous thing around a four year old. All of the sudden, the mere mention of dinner prompts demands of a Spiderman toy. The chain of thought, for those who aren't four or don't have a four year old yet goes something like this: Dinner = McDonald's = Happy Meal = Spiderman Toy.
Like any normal parents, we have resorted to spelling to have conversations without Mikie chiming in. For example:
Lauren: "What Transformer is the E-a-s-t-e-r-B-u-n-n-y bringing Trouble?"
Mike: "B-l-i-t-z. . ." pause to look at the box "k. . ."
Lauren: remembering that Mikie asked for Blitzkrieg months ago "Got it."
It's great, not only can we communicate in peace, but it makes us expert puzzle solvers when we watch Wheel of Fortune.
Evidently, Mikie has noticed our new game. Yesterday, I was trying to get Mikie, Hannah and I ready for a trip to Target. I stopped to check for coupons on the Internet. Unfortunately, Mikie wasn't happy with this delay.
Mikie: "Mom, do you know what M-i-k-m-i-t-h-z-k-w spells?"
Mom: trying not to laugh "No, I don't. What does it spell?"
Mikie: annoyed "It spells 'I quit'. Because you are taking too long and we need to just go to Target already."
Somehow, I think his angry rant would be more impactful if he actually knew how to spell. But, it was pretty amusing none the less.
Love, T-h-e T-r-a-h-a-n-s
November 2012 . in pictures
13 years ago
1 comment:
Lauren - that's too F-U-N-N-Y! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment